The Boy Scouts of America is one of the nation's largest and most prominent values-based youth development organizations. The BSA provides a program for young people that builds character, trains them in the responsibilities of participating citizenship, and develops personal fitness.
For nearly a century, the BSA has helped build the future leaders of this country by combining educational activities and lifelong values with fun. The Boy Scouts of America believes — and, through nearly a century of experience, knows — that helping youth is a key to building a more conscientious, responsible, and productive society.
At the Northeastern Pennsylvania Council, our focus and determination is to make you and your unit our primary concern and gear our every effort into bringing all the assets Scouting has to offer directly to you. You'll discover a commitment on the part of everyone at our council to work with real zeal and determination to bring Scouting to over 6,000 area youth and train dozens of adult volunteers. You have our pledge to prove everyday that Scouting is not only good for youth, but good for adults as well. No other program is as rewarding - for any age - as Scouting, and our people are determined to prove it! Our programs and facilities are at your disposal to help you make your program the best that it can be!
What we do:
The Northeastern Pennsylvania Council serves Packs, Troops, Crews, Posts and Groups with almost 6,000 registered scouts. The council is divided into two districts: Dan Beard and Two Mountains. As a Council, we provide:
- Professional Staff members to aid everyone in a quality scouting program.
- Activities to support unit programs
- Formal training and supplies for all adult members
- A variety of forms, flyers, and Kits
- Handling all Scouter registrations with national
- Aid with starting new units
- Annual planning calendars
- School night Flyers and kits
- Awards, Knots, Ribbons for units and leaders
- Maintains an insurance liability policy that protects all leaders and sponsoring organizations from a lawsuit arising from accidents during Scouting activities
- Maintenance of two Camp facilities and their associated programs year-round.